About Blue Escapes Pool & Spa Services
Blue Escapes Pool & Spa is owned and operated by native Texans Bob and Leta Iovinelli. Based in Plano Texas, they have more than 35 years experience servicing, building, renovating and repairing Dallas area pools. Blue Escapes Pool & Spa is uniquely equipped to handle any swimming pool challenges you may have.
In fact, Blue Escape Pool & Spa is one of just a handful of pool service companies in the greater Dallas-Fort Worth area that is specially equipped to resolve the most frustrating of swimming pool problems, such as:
- Underground Leaks
- Pool Out Of Level
- Deck Cracks and Shifting
- Chronic Equipment Problems
- Chronic Pool Chemistry Problems
Our owner Bob Iovinelli is one of only a few people in the state of Texas who is both a Certified Building Professional (CBP®) and a Certified Service Professional (CSP®). Bob has been highly active in both the IPSSA (Independent Pool and Spa Service Association) and APSP (Association of Pool and Spa Professionals) organizations in North Texas for many years. Our A+ rating with the BBB and our Google reviews average rating of 4.6 are further indicators that the skills and talents of Bob and his team are exactly what today’s pool owners want and need.
Our Certifications and Associations
APSP – “THE ASSOCIATION OF POOL & SPA PROFESSIONALS”
The APSP is the world’s largest international trade association representing the swimming pool, spa, hot tub and recreational water industries. APSP is the leading industry advocate promoting professional best practices through education, industry standards, and safety.
APSP members adhere to a code of ethics in business and technical practices and share a strong commitment to the safe, healthful, and enjoyable use of industry products.
The APSP effectively replaced another well-known industry organization known as “National Pool and Spa Institute” or NSPI in 2006.
More information at: The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals
BBB – “BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU”
The BBB is a private, non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and foster the highest ethical standards between companies and their customers in the areas of:
- Dependable Service
- Honesty In Advertising
- Honest Business Practices
- Reliable Complaint Handling Procedures
To be a member of the BBB, an applicant must:
- Be invited to apply for membership by a staff person or Director of the Bureau.
- Be actively engaged in business, in the BBB’s service area, for no less than 6 months.
- Supply background information about the company, its principals or other information deemed essential to the BBB.
- Cooperate with the BBB’s activities and efforts to promote voluntary self-regulation within the business industry.
- Adhere to established BBB standards of advertising and selling, including the Code of Online Business Practices for online businesses that apply for the BBBOnLine Reliability logo, and cooperate with the BBB in matters relating thereto.
- Promptly respond to any and all complaints forwarded by the BBB, and make good faith efforts to resolve all such complaints in accordance with generally accepted good business practices.
- Comply with any decisions rendered through the Bureau’s or an alternative provider’s binding arbitration program.
- Eliminate the underlying causes of patterns of consumer complaints that the BBB may call to the company’s attention.
- Be free from an unsatisfactory report at the BBB in whose service area the company is headquartered.
- Be free from any governmental action concerning the marketplace and its customers that demonstrates a significant failure of the company to support the principals and purposes of the BBB.
- Support the principles and purposes of the BBB and not engage in any activity that reflects unfavorably on the BBB and its members.
- Refrain from using the name or logo of the BBB for commercial, sales or advertising purposes in any manner not specifically authorized in writing by the BBB.
- Promptly notify the Bureau of any changes in ownership, licensing status, addresses, telephone numbers, web site and any other information deemed necessary by the Bureau.
- Fulfill all licensing and bonding requirements of applicable city, county, state and federal agencies and authorities, and provide license numbers upon application for BBB membership and provide periodic updates on request of the BBB.
Businesses earning the right to be included in this organization have a strong reputation of taking care of their customers. More information at:Better Business Bureau
CPO® – CERTIFIED POOL OPERATOR®
The Certified Pool/Spa Operator® certification program has delivered more training than any other program in the pool and spa industry since 1972, resulting in more than 200,000 successful CPO® certifications in 44 countries.
CPO® certification courses are designed to provide individuals with the basic knowledge, techniques, and skills of pool and spa operations. It covers 14-16 hours of information from the NSPF® Pool & Spa Operator™ Handbook (provided) and local codes taught by an NSPF® Instructor.
The CPO® program is widely accepted by health departments. More information at http://nspf.org/en/cpo.aspx
CBP® – CERTIFIED BUILDING PROFESSIONAL®
A Certified Building Professional® is an individual who has passed all the rigorous requirements of the APSP’s Certified Building Professional® training program. Graduates of the course learn the skills and value system pertaining to high ethical standards, commitment to the highest standards of workmanship and construction, business stability, and superior customer relations. After completion of the training, all graduates must complete continuing education requirements on an ongoing basis in order to maintain their CBP® certification.
More information at http://apsp.org
CSP® – Certified Service Professional®
A Certified Service Professional® is an individual who has passed all the rigorous requirements of the APSP’s Certified Service Professional® training program. The three-level technical training program (TECH I, TECH II, and CSP) provides practical knowledge for technicians and service professionals, from structures and electrical systems, to hydraulics, pumps, and filters, to water chemistry and maintenance.
APSP members who successfully complete all three levels are granted the program’s highest credential—CSP™ Certified Service Professional®.
Afterwards, all graduates must complete continuing education requirements on an ongoing basis in order to maintain their CSP® certification.
More information at http://www.apsp.org/EducationCertification/content.cfm?ItemNumber=854
Jandy Pro-Edge Builder
The Jandy “Pro-Edge” designation is reserved for a select few Jandy dealers who meet strict requirements for capability, reputation and customer satisfaction. Most Jandy equipment (pumps, filters, heaters, etc.) that is installed by an official Jandy Pro-Edge builder (such as Blue Escapes Pool and Spa) receives a three year warranty instead of the normal one-year warranty.
Jandy® pool and spa products are designed to let you spend time enjoying your pool and spa, rather than maintaining it. From their award-winning control systems and pool and spa heaters to waterfalls, automatic cleaners, and more, Jandy® products offer the convenience, performance and advanced technology you demand.
More information about Jandy at http://www.jandy.com/en/about
NPC – National Plasters Council
The National Plasterers Council history goes back to the creation of the Plasterers Council under the auspices of the Southern California Chapter of the National Spa & Pool Institute. With the vision and work of Bruce Hughes, the Council was formed to “provide a voice and support for swimming pool plasterers.”
Other priorities include nationwide membership recruitment, new member benefits, and new educational opportunities including a pool surface applicator certification program. NPC has a very strong foundation and vision which will take the association to new levels now and in the future.